Photograph 7495356
The Tasmanian Hydro Electric Commission employs 1150 migrant workers among its construction force of 2000 men. Since WWII, the Commission has engaged some 5000 migrant workers to help in a programme of power development in the Central Tasmanian Plateau and Derwent River System. This programme has increased generating capacity from 221000 to nearly 700000 hp. in nine stations. Silver painted steel penstocks lead into Wayatinah "B" power house, on the Derwent River. Outflowing water is seen just to the left of the building

Image details

Year: 
RecordSearch reference: 
A12111, 1/1958/16/138
Add to favourites (login required)
Share on social media: 
Share

Contributions

People:
No people have been tagged yet. Be the first by using the 'Tag people' button.
Locations:
No locations have been added yet. Be the first by using the 'Suggest locations' button.